As an ISO 9001:2008 certified/ASA-100 accredited supplier, we at ASAP Semiconductor operate in a manner up to par with the federal codes regulating the supply chain process. Clients servicing the Aerospace, Aviation, Military and Defense fields can browse our extensive stock of current and obsolete products through our proprietary website ASAP Aerospace, where parts are catalogued with respect to their federally-assigned National Stock Number.
To regulate the acquisition process, the U.S. Department of Defense created a system that distinctively and permanently identifies the items that it purchases. This system, called the National Stock Number (NSN), is made of 13 digits which are broken down into the 2 ensuing identifying subcategories:
- Federal Supply Classification Group - The first 4 digits of the NSN identifies the Federal Supply Class code (FSCG).
- National Item Identification Number - The last 9 digits of the NSN identifies the National Item Identification Number (NIIN).
For example, an existing brace we supply at ASAP Semiconductor has a 13-digit NSN of 7010-00-867-6850. The FSCG is represented by 7010, and the NIIN by 008676850.
Likewise, the FSCG and NIIN can be broken down even further into the following classifying subcategories:
- Federal Supply Group - The first 2 digits of the FSCG identifies the Federal Supply Group (FSG).
- Federal Supply Code - The last 2 digits of the FSCG identifies the Federal Supply Code (FSC).
For the brace, the FSG is represented by 70, and the FSC by 10.
National Codification Bureau - The first 2 digits of the NIIN identifies the National Codification Bureau (NCB) or NATO country code.
Item Serial Number - The last 7 digits of the NIIN is merely an item serial number that does not follow an assignment pattern.
For the above brace, the NCB is represented by 00, designating USA.
One FSG we at ASAP Semiconductor stock is FSG 70 - Equipment Software, Supplies, and Support Equipment. Manufacturers for FSG 70 that we carry include:
- 7010 - ADPE System Configuration
- 7020 - ADP Central Processing Unit, Analog
- Agilent Technologies
- Avaya, Inc.
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- Compro Computer Services, Inc.
- Dell Computer Corporation
- General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc.
- General Instruments Corporation - Optoelectronics
- GTE Communication Systems
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc.
- NCR Corporation
- North Atlantic Industries, Inc.
- OMRON Electronics, LLC.
- Philips Semiconductor, Inc.
- Rockwell Collins, Inc.
- Systems & Electronics, Inc.
- The Boeing Company
- Woodward HRT, Inc.
- 7021 - ADP Central Processing Unit, Digital
- 7022 - ADP Central Processing Unit, Hybrid
- 7025 - ADP Input/Output and Storage Devices
- 7030 - ADP Software
- 7035 - ADP Support Equipment
- 7040 - Punched Card Equipment
- 7042 - Mini and Microcomputer Control Devices
- 7045 - ADP Supplies
- 7050 - ADP Components