- ledtech electronics corp.: keeping the welcome sign lit at 7-elevens across japan
Ledtech Electronics Corp.: Keeping the Welcome Sign Lit at 7-Elevens Across Japan
Headquartered in New Taipei City, Taiwan, Ledtech Electronics Corporation is a global provider of LED lighting systems. Founded in 1977, Ledtech Electronics Corp. produces niche LED lamps and displays for its customers.
Ledtech Electronics’ portfolio of products includes the following:
Ledtech Electronics operates facilities in the following cities:
- Lighting Class Components: Hand soldered at 350 degrees Celsius for 3 seconds each, Ledtech Electronics’ PLCC components are manufactured from patterned sapphire substrates (PSSs) to enhance light extraction and heat dissipation.
- Light Module/Engine: Produced in both Chip On Board and Chip On Aluminum variants, Ledtech Electronics’ modules are ideal for use in portable flashlights, indoor decorative lighting, bulbs, and exit lighting.
- City of Industry, California
- Sao Caetano, Brazil
- Sandton, South Africa
- Barcelona, Spain
- Milan, Italy
- Kamp-Lintfort, Germany
- Galaktyczna, Poland
- Modrany, Czech Republic
- Tallinn, Estonia
- Moscow, Russia
- Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Seoul and Busan City, South Korea
- Guangdong, China
- Crocodile House, Singapore
Ledtech Electronics’ most notable contract is the one it landed with 7-Eleven of Japan to outfit five thousand of its stores with Ledtech’s lighting technologies. Due to the disastrous magnitude 9.0 Tohuku earthquake in 2011, the aftershocks, and the resulting tsunami, many districts in Japan were without power. As part of the USD$94 million agreement, Ledtech Electronics will outfit five thousand Japanese 7-Elevens with its LED lamps in place of the destroyed conventionally designed lamps. The 7-Eleven chain estimates that this LED lighting program utilizing Ledtech Electronics’ wares would eventually save the chain 25% on its electricity bills.
Ledtech Electronics’ engineers have successfully tapped power from electrical grids run by Tokyo Electrical Power Company. After the 2011 Tohuku earthquake, sales for LED lighting jumped for Ledtech Electronics. The company estimates that 28 million convenience stores around the world will switch over to LED-lit refrigeration systems in four years—up from the current 16 million.
ASAP Semiconductor is a leading distributor of Ledtech Electronics Corporation parts. We are ISO 9001-2008 certified, ASA 100 accredited, and a member of the Aviation Suppliers Association. Prospective customers can browse our inclusive catalogue of both obsolete and in-production Ledtech Electronics components and assemblies
ranging from dot matrix displays to strip lights to thru-hole LED lamps and more at asap-aerospace.com. If you are interested in a quote, please contact our friendly sales staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at 1-866-756-8540.
Posted on October 28, 2014
- electronic components